How to Make a Latte At Home (With or Without an Espresso Machine)
Authored by admin
Updated: April 29, 2020
- 1. Brew Caffe Latte With an Espresso Machine
- 1.1. Equipment
- 1.2. Ingredients
- 1.3. Instructions
- 1.3.1. Prepare the milk
- 1.3.2. Grind the coffee
- 2. Brew Caffe Latte Without an Espresso Machine
- 2.4. Equipment
- 2.5. Ingredients
- 2.6. Instructions
- 2.6.3. Make the espresso or strong coffee
- 2.6.4. Froth the milk
- 2.6.5. Microwave the milk
- 2.6.6. Pour warm milk into the espresso
- 2.6.7. Add foam
- 3. Tips
- 4. Warnings
- 5. Related Articles
- 188.8.131.52. Best Coffee Beans in the World 2020 List (and What to Avoid)
- 184.108.40.206. Best Drip Coffee Makers of 2020
- 220.127.116.11. 10 Best Coffee Subscription Boxes of 2020
- 18.104.22.168. How To Make Cold Brew Coffee at Home
- 6. References
- 7. About This Article
Strong espresso coffee is an Italian tradition enjoyed around the world. Perhaps the most popular of the coffee concoctions that use espresso is the latte.
Lattes are made from espresso and steamed milk. Lattes can be very expensive to buy everyday, but you can make them at home with a simple set up called an AeroPress. If you really love lattes, you can also buy an espresso machine with a milk frother.
Brew Caffe Latte With an Espresso Machine
- Espresso machine
- Milk frother
- 6 oz milk
- 20 grams coffee grounds
Prepare the milk
- For a single, small latte you will need about 6 ounces of milk. A good rule to follow is that you will need 6 ounces of milk per ounce of brewed espresso.
Grind the coffee
- Using a coffee grinder, grind your coffee beens to very fine grind. The coffee grounds should be about the size of the grains of table salt.
- Grind the espresso beans in a burr grinder for added freshness and control. Burr grinders will let you control how fine or coarse your espresso grounds turn out, and will result in a more consistent grind.
Brew Caffe Latte Without an Espresso Machine
- Jar with lid
- Shallow coffee cup
- Milk Low-fat, whole, or non-fat
Make the espresso or strong coffee
- Figure it out yourself Something here about Something here about Something
Froth the milk
- Something here about Something here about Something here about Something here about Something here about about Something here
Microwave the milk
- Something here about Something here about Something here about Something here about Something here about about Something here about
Pour warm milk into the espresso
- Something here about Something here about Something here about Something here about Something here about
- It's essential that you do this step last, as mixing the foam with the espresso directly will cause it to dissolve and leave you with no foam.
- Make sure to keep the milk warm while frothing to prevent frostbite ruining the flavor.
- Be careful not to burn yourself and use a cover while frothing the milk.